DIY Rocking Chair Plans
So you’ve decided to build a new rocking chair and now you need a good set of rocking chair plans. There are many choices you have to choose from so how do you know which ones are the best? You probably already know which style you want but if you don’t, decide on that first. The next thing you need to think about is the safety of the chair. You don’t want it cracking underneath someone when they sit on it. That could be embarrassing for both you and them. I personally would recommend looking into rocking chair plans made by a professional. (I get all my plans from a site that has over 14,000 woodworking plans to choose from, click here if you want to check it out.) This way you have a guarantee that the plans will be complete and the style and safety will be exactly how you want.
Where I recommend you look for your rocking chair plans
I’m a member of a site called Woodworking 4 Home and they have over 14,000 different woodworking plans and projects. I checked and they have a really nice variety of rocking chair plans. What I really like is that once you join, you get instant access to all 14,000 plans and you can print them out right from your computer. Plus, all the plans are drafted by a master craftsman so they are complete and professional. I never feel frustration when following their plans because they are written so clearly. I’d recommend starting there and see what you think. I know you will be happy.
Some reasons why I prefer Woodworking 4 Home
- 14,000 woodworking patterns with a good selection of rocking chair plans.
- All plans are written by a professional woodworker.
- Instructions are complete and tell you what tools you will need, which type of wood is recommended, what finishers and adhesives to use, and anything else important that you need to know.
- Downloadable format so you get instant access and can print the plans out right from your computer.
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced plans for all skill levels.
That about sums it up. I think that out of all the woodworking plans out there on the web, Woodworking 4 Home has the best selection and I am very pleased with the way all of my projects turn out when I follow their plans. I’m sure if you follow their rocking chair plans you will be just as happy. Give them a try.